The idea of a dad joke is constantly both celebrated and maligned, but as a society, we give less attention to the effervescent category of "dad quotes" in general. Sure, some of the following quotes are jokes. But others are just misguided in a charmingly offbeat or just plain wrong type of way. In short, these anecdotes from a recent AskReddit are delightful.
1. El_Ratdog's dad has some practical advice from personal experience.
2. Both true, both important facts from the parents of Weenies_world_666.
3. And invullock's dad truly has no shame.
4. Attenhal's dad sounds a lot like Eric Forman's.
5. MommaBumble's dad might have a secret.
6. At least blackthorn_orion got some solid advice.
7. On-the-sea should probably run away once they reach the shore.
8. Come onnnn, dad of Troppicalgothaura. Come on.
9. Dr_Siouxs has two parents in a loving relationship.
"I love your mom's buns. She makes good bread too."
10. And NocturnalPluviophile learned something about their heritage.
"We don't own pets, we're Jews."
"We might have to flee a regime again."