Anyone who has been pregnant knows that the worst symptoms are all of them. It’s a nightmarish nine months of achy joints, gas discomfort, nausea, vomiting, and breast pain (to start with), that ends only when a child emerges from your body. But then there are these women on Reddit, who had to deal with even weirder stuff when they were knocked up. The stories they shared are enough to keep any future parent up at night.
1. kellyholmes didn't pick this problem, nor did she pick at this problem.
During the third trimester (twice now), my nipples got...scabs. The first time I asked someone in my ob/gyn practice about it, they had no idea what to tell me.
2. orilly is growing life in her womb and on her rear.
I have a mole on my butt which has quadrupled in size. Doc says nothing to worry about but you can actually see it underneath my clothes now.
3. User MaeBeWeird has a symptom that just doesn't make any sense. And she hasn't posted an update to explain, which is criminal.
Turning a toilet seat blue (it isn't from dye on new maternity pants and definitely is real.)
4. Spectrum2081 knows that you don't even have to be awake to get kicked around by pregnancy.
Dislocating shoulders in my sleep. The WORST
5. NewportPagnell has two pregnancy symptoms rolled into one: sweating, and a metallic taste in the mouth. It sounds even worse than what the description can tell you.
I call it the "metal mouth sweats." I don't know how to explain it except to say that it feels like my mouth is sweating a metallic taste.
6. kayejazz can't censor herself. You got a problem with that?
I don't self-censor well at all. In the middle of conversations with people, I'll start spouting stuff about my sex life or personal relationship information. It's absolutely crazy.
7. Not sure if mightymouser22 means her skin tone has changed or that light cannot escape. Either way, "WTF" indeed.
My armpits are dark as hell now, wtf?
8. rawsocket knows how to make it pop-pop.
Popping ribcage! Second trimester, I leaned over to pick something up off the floor, and my lower rib on the left side popped, like it was dislocated near the sternum. Now my ribs pop every time I lean over, so I've stopped leaning over.
9. Themehmeh respectfully requests that you dim the light on your screen as you're reading this, thanks.
My pupils don't dilate to the same size anymore. They get stuck at the wrong size.
10. NeverLucid has got that boogie fever that's been going around.
I was not prepared for all the boogers. Gotta pick my nose once a day.
11. TheGardenNymph's sister got pregnant and her taste buds got mixed up, turned upside down.
My sister, she started tasting things differently. I remember her eating a sandwich and saying it tasted like watermelon.
12. HoboChique's mom was also really touched by those "We Love Our Customers" hanger covers.
My mom has told me several times that she'd go into the dry cleaner's. Just to smell the fumes.
13. In defense of Antlionsoup, new rubber does smell pretty good.
A heavily pregnant friend once walked into a store, headed straight to the shoe section and sniffed about 30 pairs of rubber soled shoes. Pregnancy is weird, man.