Good news: It's World Octopus Day! Bad news: they're taking over. Get your affairs in order, hug your kids, smoke a cigarette (jk, don't) and watch the octopus army roll up onto the beach. Maybe you've always loved the octopus, but that won't save you from our Underwater Overlords. Prepare yourself mentally for the takeover with these videos that outline their strategies and techniques. If you start to get freaked out, just remember: somewhere in that mass of muscular suction cup arms is a sharp little beak looking to bite you.
1. The Explorer: He's testing the "waters."
2. The Land Walker: Think there's nothing to be afraid of if you stay on land? THINK AGAIN.
3. The Crab Eater: We said, THINK AGAIN.
4. The Great Escaper: Even if you capture the enemy, you can't hold him.
5. The Illusionist: Oh, good, no octopus here-AIGHH!
6. Secret Ops: All these octopus attacks are stressing me out. I'm just gonna kick back with a beer-AIGHH!
7. The Defense: Yes, they use tools.
8. The Pugilist: Ever been punched in the face by eight fists at once?
9. The Silencer: No one can hear you scream...under the sea...if you're being strangled by an octopus.